For nearly two decades West El Paso’s biggest parade of the year has been the Independence Day Parade sponsored by the Rotary Club of West El Paso.
- Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Shadow Mountain and Mesa streets in west El Paso (see Maps)
- Watch the Parade – see maps
- Be in the parade (deadline: June 30) Be Print the Application
- Be a sponsor of the parade .- Print the application
- Follow the parade on Facebook
- For more information, download this year’s Parade Brochure
This year’s parade them is “Hip Hop Hooray!”. Make it part of your parade entry!
This year’s Grand Marshall is Bernie Olivas, Executive Director of the Sun Bowl Association. The Sun Bowl association brings to El Paso every year many events,most notably the nationally televised Sun Bowl game. In addition the Sun Bowl brings the Don Haskins Sun Bowl Invitational basketball tournament, the Sun Bowl All American Golf Classic, the Sun Bowl Parade and a soccer tournament.
Bernie is a native El Pasoan and has been with the Sun Bowl since 2001
The Rotary Club of West El Paso
The Rotary club of West El Paso was established in 1962 and its members have been actively involved in the El Paso community ever since. Since 2000, this club has donated over $150,000 to various community projects and has been actively involved in promoting quality of life and youth initiatives throughout El Paso for 50 years.